From spectacular architecture and world-class museums, music, and theater to small galleries and storefront theaters that foster creativity and new forms of expression: Chicago is a city rich in both artistic tradition and innovation. And from its very beginning, the University of Chicago has been intimately involved in the city’s cultural development. That spirit of shared exploration continues today.
On the Mid-South Side, just blocks from our campus, you’ll find flourishing artists of every kind. Get a feel for cultural life in our own Hyde Park and the Culture Coast by exploring the links below.
- 57th Street Art Fair
- 57th Street Children’s Book Fair
- CheckerJAZZ at the New Checkerboard Lounge
- Culture Coast
- DuSable Museum of African American History
- Experimental Station
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Robie House
- Hyde Park Art Center
- Hyde Park Chamber of Commerce
- Hyde Park Jazz Festival
- Hyde Park School of Dance
- Little Black Pearl Art and Design Center
- Muntu Dance Theatre
- Museum of Science and Industry
- South Side Arts and Humanities Network
Collaborations and partnerships abound with arts and cultural organizations throughout the city and beyond. To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.