*Spring 2020 Updates*
Due to the University's response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Jonathan Logan Media Center will be closed for the forseeable future. We will continue to update this space as our policies change throughout the coming weeks and months.
In an effort to better serve our community as well all make the transition to online learning, we have put together a Remote Teaching Resources Manual for UChicago Arts, a working document that we will be updating as we gather resources and learn more about instructor needs.
For inquiries about your class or any other Media Center related questions, please contact us at email@example.com. If you are not already on our user email list and would like to be kept in the loop about changing policies and procedures please let us know.
Online Learning Resources
- All-new JLMC-produced guided video tutorials on Zoom, Canvas, and media production apps
- UChicago Arts Remote Teaching Resources (working document)
- Workshop Calendar with course support office hours. Find the Zoom link in the description field of each time slot.
- Sign up for a General Access Orientation
- Sign up for workshops, trainings, and other learning sessions
- Check out the LMC Workshop Calendar
- Reserve equipment through WebCheckout
- Reserve an edit suite through Robin
- Submit a large-format print job
- View our complete inventory
- Check out the LMC Wiki for equipment guides and troubleshooting manuals
About the Logan Media Center
A joint effort of the Humanities Division, Information Technology Services (ITS), and the Reva and David Logan Center for the Arts, the Jonathan Logan Family Foundation Media Center (LMC) supports the arts at UChicago by providing AV equipment, production space, software, and technical training.
Our equipment and facilities are available to University of Chicago students, staff, and faculty for artistic creation and teaching. We support the curricular needs of courses in the arts; individual student and faculty artists, co-curricular and extracurricular arts organizations on campus; and other campus artists with the approval of LMC staff. In addition, we work with our campus and community partners to provide AV support for events that take place at the Logan Center.
Edit Suites and Lab:
(July 4 and September 2: CLOSED)
Edit Suite Booking
Robin Room Schedule
Ben Chandler, Assistant Director Jonathan Logan Media Center
Justin Williams, Media Center Training and Community Manager
Will Cabaniss, Media Center Coordinator