Wednesday, March 18, 2020
- The Logan Center and the Media Arts, Data, and Design Center (MADD) are closed to the public from Wednesday, March 18–Monday, April 6.
- UChicago students, faculty, and staff can enter the Logan Center using their valid UCID from 8am on Wednesday, March 18 to 5pm on Friday, March 20.
COVID-19 Update from Bill Michel, Associate Vice President & Executive Director, UChicago Arts and the Reva and David Logan Center
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
The health and safety of our community is of the utmost concern to the Logan Center and the University of Chicago. As a result, we have been working with our colleagues at the University of Chicago and are carefully monitoring information and guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Chicago’s public health services. As you are likely aware, the current situation surrounding COVID-19, also known as the novel coronavirus, is ongoing and in constant flux.
Yesterday, the University of Chicago announced that large events and gatherings were being suspended on campus through April 15. This policy has been recommended by University leaders out of an abundance of caution. The Logan Center and our partners on and off campus are reviewing all upcoming events and are in the process of deciding which events will be held with a reduced size audience, which will be rescheduled, or, in some cases, cancelled. We invite you to visit this page often for an updated list of changes to events taking place over the next several weeks.
The Logan Center is following the CDC’s guidance for event planners to reduce the potential of COVID-19 transmission in our theatres, screening room, lecture halls, and other performance venues and are encouraging patrons who feel unwell to stay home and contact the Box Office for ticket returns and exchanges.
UChicago Arts and the Logan Center, along with the University, will continue to monitor COVID-19 and recommendations from the CDC and the City of Chicago government and will respond accordingly as new information becomes available.
The Logan Center in partnership with the presenting organization:
Has decided to CANCEL the following event(s):
- Study at the Logan Center / Friday, March 13, 9pm–midnight
- Third Tuesday Jazz: Greg Murphy, Piano / Tuesday, March 17, 7:30-9pm / Café Logan
- Lab Schools Grades 7-12 Band Concert, April 15, 7pm
- Grossman Ensemble with Jerry Hou, conductor / Friday, March 13, 2020, 7:30pm / Logan Center Performance Hall
- 2020, 3pm / Logan Center Screening Room
- Sifu: An Evening of Cantonese Opera / Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 6:30pm / Logan Center Performance Hall
- To The Dudes That Ain't Here / March 22, 2020
- Ellie Ga: Gyres 1-3 / Thursday, April 2, 2020, 6pm / Logan Center Screening Room
- Logan Center Family Saturday: Dipping into Design / Saturday, April 4, 2020, 2–4pm
- UChicago Presents: Melissa Aldana Quintet, Visions for Frida Kahlo / Sunday, April 5, 3pm / Logan Center Performance Hall
UChicago Maya presents: Haiku – Saturday, April 11
Sensasia East and Southeast Asian Cultural Show – Friday, April 17
Tom & Lorenzo on “Legendary Children” – Friday, April 24
- The Life and Legacy of Joel Hall: A Celebration of Urban Jazz Dance / April 25 & 26, 2020 / Performance Hall
UIC Orchestra and Chorus spring concert – Tuesday, April 28
- African and Caribbean Student Association Cultural Showcase – Saturday, May 2
- UChicago Presents: Vijay Iyer and guests, Ghosts Everywhere I Go: The Arches Project / Friday, May 15, 7:30pm / Logan Center Performance Hall
Is working to reschedule the following event(s):
- 2020 Community Film Showcase - Production Institute / Saturday, March 14, 2020, 3pm / Logan Center Screening Room
- Hyde Park Suzuki: Winter Concert / Saturday, March 21, 2020, 7pm / Logan Center Performance Penthouse
- AACM Concert with Dee Alexander and Maggie Brown: Saturday, April 4, 7pm / Logan Center Performance Penthouse
- Najwa Dance Corps: Evolution / originally scheduled: Saturday, April 18, 7:30pm / Logan Center Performance Hall
Logan Center School Matinee Performances:
- Russoul / originally scheduled: Mar 19, 2020, 10:30–11:30am
- ETH-NOH-TEC Storytelling Duo / originally scheduled: Apr 2, 2020, 10:30–11:30am & 12:30-1:30pm
Please contact the Logan Center Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org (recommended), or at 773.702. 2787 during normal business hours (Tue–Sat, noon–6pm) for information on ticket refunds, exchanges, and vouchers.