Alumni Weekend 2016
Alumni Weekend has always been the best time to reconnect with UChicago.
But this year, it’s also the perfect time to connect with the University’s creative life—and yours.
Alumni Weekend: ARTSCAPE invites you to experience the power of the arts on campus through immersive events, performances, exhibitions, and family programming all weekend long, including:
- A reimagined UChicaGO Party that will activate the Reva and David Logan Center for the Arts, the Tod Williams and Billie Tsien-designed beacon for the arts on campus.
- Special milestone anniversary celebrations exclusively for alumni of student arts organizations like Off-Off Campus, Fire Escape Films, Chicago Men’s A Capella, and the University Symphony Orchestra.
- Unique UnCommon Core lectures, panels, and presentations examining a range of topics through an artistic lens.
- A chance to see Barbara Schubert conduct the University Symphony Orchestra in a world premiere performance of Catalogo Fantastico, written by composer Ricardo Lorenz (PhD ’99), who created the commissioned work in honor of Barbara’s four decades holding the baton—and who used the UChicago course catalogue as inspiration.
- A powerful exhibition at the Smart Museum of a crucial yet oft-forgotten Chicago art movement, the Monster Roster, which Chicago Magazine called “the greatest group of Midwestern artists you’ve never heard of”—including alum and WWII veteran Leon Golub.
- Plus the regular programming you look forward to each year, including reunions, class celebrations, the Alumni and Friends Family Barbecue, the Alumni Beer Garden, and IF Sing.
Even if you’ve never felt like the artistic type, you’re sure to be moved by the rich, vibrant creative community you’re a part of as an alum of UChicago.
Make a Gift
Celebrate creativity on campus and beyond with a gift to UChicago Arts. Your support provides immediate, flexible resources for arts education and programs at the University and across Chicago’s South Side.
- Alumni Weekend 2016 Event Guide
- Brava, Maestra! Barbara Schubert Marks 40 Years as USO Conductor
- Interview with Barbara Schubert (UChicago Arts Guide)