Arts Liaisons are students who work closely with each other and the Logan Center staff to connect students to on and off-campus events and promote ArtsPass, as well as influence the programming that surrounds ArtsPass
An initiative sponsored by UChicago Arts and ArtsPass, the Liaisons will provide an important student perspective to arts programming and marketing, and will also:
- Gain valuable hands-on experience and professional skills in arts programming as they collaboratively organize & staff events
- Build personal relationships with UChicago Arts staff, and occasionally network with leading arts and cultural institutions in Chicago
- Get a behind-the-scenes visit to campus arts partners, including the Smart Museum, Court Theatre, the Oriental Institute, and the Robie House. For example, the 2017-18 Liaisons held a programming meeting with Northwestern students and Art Institute of Chicago programming/marketing downtown in Chicago to strategize about the Spring 2018 Night at the Art Institute
- e the first to hear about exciting events off campus, and be first in line for exclusive tickets
The Lead Arts Liaison student intern will guide the Liaisons team with occasional assistance by University Arts Engagement staff, who the Liaisons will also be able to become familiar with. Liaisons will have chances to create their own projects collaboratively, with the purpose of enriching themselves and the UChicago community through the arts. Arts Liaisons come from all backgrounds, years, and majors; this is an interdisciplinary opportunity that welcomes people of all interests to represent the student body’s interest in arts & cultural programms.
If you have a love for the arts and a thrive in a collaborative environment, you should apply!
If you are:
- Committed, self-starting student who is enthusiastic about enriching the campus arts community and willing to take initiative on new ideas
- Team-oriented and work well with others
- Excited to become closely involved with the arts programming teams here at UChicago and aquainted with cultural programmers throughout the city
- Committed to attending biweekly meetings throughout the quarter and assisting staffing at some of our quarterly ArtsPass Exclusives
- Good at spreading the news; actively advertise and distribute marketing materials
- Able to think creatively to plan and market Liason-led events and initiatives on a quarterly basis.
Then YOU should APPLY!
[Applications close Weds. October 10th at 11:59 PM]
If you have any questions not addressed in the FAQs, or would like to suggest new organizations for inclusion in the Arts Pass program, please email us.
- Fall 2018 Arts Pass Events
- Spring 2016 Arts Pass Events
- Winter 2016 Arts Pass Events
- Fall 2015 Arts Pass Events