Arts Liaisons are students who work closely with each other and the Logan Center staff to connect students to on and off-campus events and promote ArtsPass, as well as develop their own programming. An initiative
sponsored by UChicago Arts and ArtsPass, the Liaisons will provide an important student perspective to arts programming and marketing, and will also:
- Gain valuable hands-on experience and professional skills in arts programming as they collaboratively organize & staff events
- Build personal relationships with UChicago Arts staff and connect with leading arts and cultural institutions in Chicago
- Get a behind-the-scenes visit to campus arts partners, including the Smart Museum, Court Theatre, the Oriental Institute, and the Robie House.
- Be the first to hear about exciting events off campus
The Lead Arts Liaison student will guide the Liaisons team with occasional assistance by University Arts Engagement staff. Liaisons will also be able to create their own projects collaboratively, with the purpose of enriching themselves and the UChicago community through the arts. Arts Liaisons come from all backgrounds, years, and majors.
If you have a love for the arts and a can-do attitude, you should apply!
If you are:
- Committed, self-starting team player who is enthusiastic about enriching the campus arts community
- Team-oriented and works well with others
- Excited to be a part of one of two rotating committees for liaison-led endeavors: Marketing/Outreach and Programming
- Committed to attending 4 meetings per quarter and function as an active participant of the group
- Good at spreading the news; actively advertise and distribute marketing materials
- Able to think creatively to plan and market at least 2 on-campus Liaison-led events per quarter
Then YOU should APPLY!
If you have any questions not addressed in the FAQs, or would like to suggest new organizations for inclusion in the Arts Pass program, please email us.